Tomato Bisque with Heart Shaped Grilled Cheese
Looking for a soup to fall in love with? Look no further. This wholesome tomato bisque, featuring our veggie broth concentrate, is loaded with fresh vegetables and spices.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic until tender. Add the tomatoes, vinegar, dried herbs, bay leaf, and prepared Kitchen Accomplice Veggie Broth Concentrate or Vegan Plant-Based No-Bone Broth Concentrate. Cover, and simmer for about 25 minutes, until the liquid has reduced by ¼.
- Remove the soup from heat and discard bay leaf.
- Add the soup to a blender and puree until smooth. Alternatively, an immersion blender may be used.
- Return the soup to a simmer to heat through. Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and garnish with basil.
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches:
- 8-12 Slices of Sourdough Bread
- 4-6 Slices Mozzarella
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, sliced
- Fresh Basil
- Butter or Olive Oil
- Heat a large skillet or a griddle on medium-high heat.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut bread and mozzarella slices into heart shapes.
- Butter one side of each heart-shaped bread slice, or brush with olive oil.
- Assemble the sandwiches with layers of mozzarella, basil and tomato slices.
- Grill each sandwich for 2-3 minutes on each side, until the outsides are browned and the cheese begins to melt.