- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Kitchen Accomplice Veggie Broth Concentrate or 6 tablespoons Vegan Plant-Based No-Bone Broth Concentrate
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups very thinly sliced green cabbage
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and ground black pepper
Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion, carrots, and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes, until the onion is translucent. Add the garlic and cook another minute.
Add the Kitchen Accomplice Veggie Broth Concentrate or Vegan Plant-Based No-Bone Broth Concentrate water, tomatoes, beans, and thyme, increase the heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil. Add the cabbage and reduce the heat until the soup is simmering. Cook, stirring occasionally, 20-30 minutes, until the vegetables are fork tender and the cabbage has softened.
Just before serving, stir in the baby spinach and balsamic vinegar and simmer just until the spinach has wilted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.