- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus additional as needed
- 2 tablespoons Kitchen Accomplice Chicken Broth Concentrate or 4 tablespoons Kitchen Accomplice Organic Chicken Bone Broth Concentrate dissolved in 3 cups hot water
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- Ground black pepper
Warm oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and peppers and cook until vegetables are just tender, about 4 minutes. Add garlic, cumin and chili powder and cook for another minute.
Reduce heat to medium low, add rice and cook, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes. If rice starts sticking to the pan, reduce heat further.
Add salt, reconstituted Kitchen Accomplice Chicken Broth Concentrate or Chicken Bone Broth Concentrate and tomatoes and stir to combine. Cover the pan, reduce heat to low, and cook for 15 minutes, or until rice is tender and all the liquid is absorbed. Let rice stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
Fluff rice with a fork, then gently fold in the cilantro. Season to taste with more salt and black pepper.