Sorry - this product is no longer available
Enjoy this Vegan Loaded Baked Potato Soup recipe that was created by Dustin Harder, The Vegan Roadie This recipe is published in his book Epic Vegan. It's a good one!
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, scrubbed and cut in half
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water overnight or boiled for 10 minutes and drained
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 cup chooed onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth made using Kitchen Accomplice Veggie Broth Concentrate or Vegan Plant-Based No-Bone Broth Concentrate
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup vegan cheddar shreds, plus more for garnish
- 4 scallions, chopped, divided
- 2 tablespoons Quinoa Bacon Bits or store bought vegan bacon, chopped, plus more for garnish
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
Place the potatoes, cut side down, on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. Remove from the oven and cool 15 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
Meanwhile, in a high speed blender, combine the cashews and water. Blend until smooth and creamy, 1 to 2 minutes.
Scoop out the insides of one-third of the potatores; transfer to a bowl and mash. Scoop out the remaining potatoes and cut the flesh into 1/2 inch cubes; set aside in a seperate bowl.
In a stockpot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and saute for 3 to 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the garlic and saute 1 additional minute until fragrant.
Add the mashed potatoes, broth, salt, pepper, and cashew milk to the pot and bring just to a simmer. Stir in the cubed potatoes and remove from the heat. Stir in the cheddar, 2 tablespoons of the scallions, and bacon bits. Add more salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
Divide the soup among the pretzle bowls and garnish with more cheddar, the remaining scallions, and more bacon bits.
Yield: 4 servings in the bowls or 8 servings in regular bowls.