Garlic Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
The kick of horseradish in these creamy, chunky smashed potatoes makes a delicious addition to almost any holiday meal -- serve with a holiday bird, roast beef, salmon, or pork. Once you try this garlic horseradish mashed potatoes recipe, you won’t go back!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 large cloves garlic, peeled and trimmed
- 4 pounds baby yellow or red potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon salt, plus additional to taste, divided
- 3/4 cup prepared horseradish cream sauce (or 1/4 cup prepared grated horseradish and 1/2 cup sour cream)
- 4 teaspoons Kitchen Accomplice Veggie Broth Concentrate or 8 teaspoons Vegan Plant-Based No-Bone Broth Concentrate dissolved in 2 cups hot water
- Ground black pepper
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic cloves and cook 3-4 minutes, until they're slightly browned.
Stir in the potatoes, then add water to cover, along with the dried thyme and 1 tablespoon of salt. Bring to a simmer. Cover the pan and continue simmering for about 20 minutes, until the potatoes and garlic are soft.
When the potatoes and garlic are done, drain them and return them to the pot. Mash with a potato masher or hand-held mixer. Add the horseradish sauce and diluted Kitchen Accomplice Veggie Broth Concentrate or Vegan Plant-Based No-Bone Broth Concentrate (you may not need entire amount), until you reach the consistency you like. Blend well. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.