- 1 can (15 ounces) great northern beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) red beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) butter beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced peeled carrots
- ½ cup diced celery
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 4 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Kitchen Accomplice Veggie Broth Concentrate or 4 tablespoons plus 4 teasppons Vegan Plant-Based No-Bone Broth Concentrate
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus additional as needed
- ½ teaspoon fresh cracked pepper, plus additional as needed
Drain and rinse all beans and set aside.
Heat vegetable oil in a soup pot over medium heat, add onion, carrots, and celery, and cook, stirring, about 5 minutes, until vegetables are soft but not browned. Add garlic and dried herbs and cook, stirring, 1 to 2 minutes more.
Stir in tomatoes and their juices, water, Kitchen Accomplice Veggie Broth Concentrate or Vegan Plant-Based No-Bone Broth Concentrate, and beans. Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and add salt and pepper. Simmer the four bean soup for 15 minutes, then season with additional salt and pepper as needed.
Serves 10 – 12.