A terrific main-dish meatball soup, Italian style -- savory meatballs, herbs, tomatoes and pasta, all in a hearty beef broth. Serve this easy meatball soup with a green salad and garlic bread for a simple meal!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 rib celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup Kitchen Accomplice Beef Broth Concentrate or ½ cup Kitchen Accomplice Organic Beef Bone Broth Concentrate
- 6 cups hot water
- 1 large can (28 ounces) Italian-style tomatoes with their juices
- ½ pound ditalini or other small pasta
- 1½ pounds frozen Italian-style meatballs, cooked according to package directions
- Salt and ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Warm oil in a soup pot over medium heat. Add onion, carrot and celery and sauté until vegetables have softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and oregano and cook another minute.
Stir in Kitchen Accomplice Beef Broth Concentrate or Beef Bone Broth Concentrate, water and tomatoes with their juices and bring the mixture to a boil. Add pasta and simmer for 7-8 minutes, until pasta is barely tender.
Add cooked meatballs, bring soup back to a simmer and cook about another 5 minutes, until meatballs are warmed through. Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in parsley.