- 1 small chicken (about 3 pounds), cut into 6 pieces (legs, thighs and breasts without backbones)
- Salt and ground black pepper
- All-purpose flour for coating
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced peeled carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons Kitchen Accomplice Chicken Broth Concentrate or 6 tablespoons Kitchen Accomplice Organic Chicken Bone Broth Concentrate
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups canned diced tomatoes with Italian seasoning
Season chicken with salt and pepper and coat with flour, patting off the excess.
Heat oil in a large, heavy pan over medium heat. Add the chicken to the pan and brown lightly on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove chicken from the pan and transfer to a 6- to 8-quart slow cooker. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of oil from the pan.
Lower heat to medium-low, and add garlic, onion, carrots and celery to the pan; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in 6 tablespoons of all-purpose flour. Stir in wine and Kitchen Accomplice Chicken Broth Concentrate or Chicken Bone Broth Concentrate and bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring until the concentrate is dissolved.
Pour the wine/vegetable mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker. Add mushrooms and diced tomatoes (with their juices), and stir to combine and coat the chicken pieces. Cover the crockpot and cook on high 3 to 4 hours, or on low 6 to 7 hours.
After cooking, transfer chicken to a serving platter. Season the sauce remaining in the crockpot to taste with salt and pepper. Pour the sauce over chicken to serve.