Asian Noodle Soup with Vegetables
Combine carrots, mushrooms, baby bok choy and green onions with hearty Lo Mein noodles and the fresh flavors of ginger and cilantro, and you have one terrific Asian noodle soup.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup julienned (matchstick cut) or thinly sliced carrots
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Kitchen Accomplice Veggie Broth Concentrate or 4 tablespoons or 4 teaspoons Vegan Plant-Based No-Bone Broth Concentrate
- 4 cups hot water
- 2 ounces wide Lo Mein noodles, broken in half
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup snow peas
- 1 small head baby bok choy, or 1/2 head Napa cabbage, roughly chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 2-3 green onions, white parts only, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Heat a nonstick wok or large nonstick skillet on high about 2 minutes. Add vegetable oil and swirl to coat pan. (The oil should smoke slightly.) Add the carrots and stir fry for 2 minutes.
Add garlic, ginger, Kitchen Accomplice Veggie Broth Concentrate or Vegan Plant-Based No-Bone Broth Concentrate, and water; bring the soup to a boil.
Add the noodles and return the soup to a boil. About 3 minutes after adding the noodles, stir in the mushrooms, snow peas and baby bok choy. Cook for another 3-4 minutes, until the vegetables are tender and the noodles are cooked.
Season Asian noodle soup to taste with salt and pepper and stir in green onions and cilantro.