This hearty, tasty soup is great for a large gathering on a cold, blustery winter day — or anytime. Make it with whatever combination of veggies you prefer, or whatever you have on hand. Makes terrific leftovers, too!
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1½ cups diced onions
- 3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered or sliced
- 2 cups diced celery
- 2 cups diced carrots
- 2 cups hot water
- 4 teaspoons Kitchen Accomplice Veggie Broth Concentrate or 8 teaspoons Vegan Plant-Based No-Bone Broth Concentrate
- 1 large can (28 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 large can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) whole kernel corn or 1¾ cups frozen corn, thawed
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Heat oil in a large soup pot and cook onions over medium heat until transparent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Stir in mushrooms, celery and carrots and cook 3-4 minutes.
Add water, Kitchen Accomplice Veggie Broth Concentrate or Vegan Plant-Based No-Bone Broth Concentrate, both cans of tomatoes, garbanzo beans and corn, and stir to combine. Bring the Anytime Vegetable Soup to a simmer and let simmer for at least an hour.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and stir in parsley.